Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Single Mom

I'm so glad I am not a single mother. Mike has been out of town for just 2 days, and I'm already looking forward to his return so that I can have a bit of a reprieve. I think, mostly, I am just too lazy to be a single parent. I like my slacking off time, and when caring for an infant, there just isn't any of that to be had unless someone else spells you off. For instance, last night John woke up every 90 minutes pretty much on the dot. I had to get up and help him fall back asleep every single time. Normally Mike would have had to take over at about 5:00 am, but this time I got to do every single occurrence. I got to change every single diaper, and feed every single feeding. I got to rock John to sleep, even when he screamed at me for 15 minutes, where normally Mike would come and spell me off after 10 minutes or so. I got to do every load of laundry, and every load of dishes. I got to answer every phone call, and make every decision. On any given day, I will do most if not all of this anyway, but it is just so much more fun to have the choice to do any of it. To be able to do it with the knowledge that I'm letting my husband relax after a long day of work. Doing it because I have to is just not nearly as fun. I love my baby, but boy, do I ever love his Daddy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment